Need to make the news or catch attention?
The way your press release is written influences whether or not time-poor media will publish or broadcast it. A strong and concise press release helps journalists understand the story you are selling and quickly identify its relevance to their readers, listeners, or viewers.
How it works
In this live online, one-day programme we’ll take you through the steps to create a press release that works. You'll learn how to capture the attention of journalists, secure better press coverage and build stronger relationships with the media.
This programme covers:
- Understanding the news angles and news values that inform your press release
- A media perspective: hear directly from journalists on what they want from press releases, how they use them and what makes a great one
- How to avoid press release spam: when to use and when not to use a press release
- Press release structure and format for effective structure and natural flow
- Best practice in format, layout and presentation of a press release
- How to write headlines and opening paragraphs that grab attention and encourage media to read the full story
- How to create and use quotations to add personality, emphasis and colour
- Developing boilerplates for your organisation
- Tools and tips for editing and proofreading a press release
- Press release distribution, pitching and follow-up to secure media coverage
- Opportunity to pitch your press release to the media